Thursday, April 7, 2011

My New Favorite Thing...



During a discussion about books my friend Vix, who grew up all over the world, but ended up in the South suggested a new author Sarah Addison Allen, and her book Garden Spells. I picked up the book from the library during Christmas break and ended up reading it in one sitting during a snowstorm. Her books sparkle with magic, yet her protagonists are realistically flawed and relatable. I could not help but be captivated and wanted the book to never end, but it always does ;-) Seeing another one of her books available at the library, The Sugar Queen, I convinced my husband to drive down to Sonora during a lull in the storm to pick it up. I woke up on Friday morning and huddled under a blanket with Miles and in 4 hours quickly devoured it as well. I love chick lit! I will not thumb my nose at it, despite being an English major :-) I cannot help myself, especially when it is Southern Romantic literature. I love the settings that Allen describes and the world that she creates for her characters, I escape to it and never want to leave. I picked up 2 more of her books and I am trying to restrain myself from reading them so that I have something exciting to look forward to reading when Summer vacation begins. I hope that my husband and I will be able to tour the South sometime soon so I can experience the world myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment