Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Single-ish" Mom

Life lately has been hectic and busy. I feel like we just run from one thing to the next. That we live in our car between swim team, play dates and parties. We are over scheduled to say the least. Monday through Friday I am a "single-ish" mom. I have been changing the terminology that comes out of my mouth from "single mom" to "single-ish" mom, after reading this interview from our first lady, Michelle Obama. Single Mom  is a label that I have worn before, after my divorce, and prior to my remarriage. I know that being a "single mom" is a difficult job, but that any form of motherhood is rewarding. After reading the article, I decided I needed to change my current label to "single-ish mom" I know that Saturday and Sunday, I have the husband to help me tag team the kiddos. My husband is working nights, and due to our schedules overlapping we see each other only in passing, as he comes to school to pick up our daughter, Kaitlyn for swim practice. I am constantly frustrated with my present situation in life. I am attempting to be content and find joy in our life. In the fact that my children have their health, that we have more than enough food and a warm home to spend our days and nights in. I am blessed to be able to work in a wonderful environment, that encourages me and my students to have a loving relationship with God and each other. It helps that before I go to bed, that I count my blessings and believe that this current situation of time apart from my husband, is only strengthening our marriage and preparing him for something else in the future. In the meantime, my little man is loving his first car.

No comments:

Post a Comment